Thu, 18 May|
MJC Louis Lepage
Healing Workshop for BIPOC and Allies
Creating safe and accessible healing spaces for BIPOC.
Time & Location
18 May 2023, 10:00 – 20 May 2023, 18:00
MJC Louis Lepage, 36 Bd Gallieni, 94130 Nogent-sur-Marne, France
About the event
“We BIPOC, because of our specific ancestral lineages, upbringing, lived experience and the place of our own history in the context of Humanity history, need safe and accessible healing spaces.”
- If you are questing for your True Self, no matter where you are in your spiritual journey, just beginning or well into your journey, this 3-day workshop is for you!
- If you are looking for answers to understand the sense of your current existence, the dynamics in your family and your relationship with your ancestors, this 3-day workshop is for you!
- If you are an activist, in the process of decolonizing your mind and need to keep your energy up to prevent burn out, this 3-day workshop is for you!
- If you are not a BIPOC, but a true ally, sensitive to BIPOC living experience, acknowledging in your heart their humanity as yours and genuinely wanting to heal together with BIPOC, this 3-day workshop is for you!
This workshop is hosted by Marcelle and facilitated by Itta. Marcelle is a Pharmacist and Epidemiologist, founder of the non-profit organization OUR POTENTIAL, within the framework of her SAT NAM YOGA, Health for All project (see Instagram account @marcelleclaquin). Marcelle is a French Afro descent yoga teacher trained by Itta Roussos in South-Africa with the Kundalini Africa Rising non-profit organization’s African Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training of Southern Africa (AKYTTSA). https://kundaliniafricarising.co.za/
Marcelle and Itta are committed to provide a safe and accessible space for BIPOC’s personal and spiritual development, because they believe that “Social Justice is a Spiritual Practice”.
Please Note that:
- The workshop will be in both English and French.
- No prior experience is required for this workshop.
- Material to bring: a comfortable outfit, a yoga mat, a blanket, a cushion, a notebook and pen and a water bottle.
- Attendees are also invited to bring a vegetarian or vegan meal to share everyday (kitchen facilities are available).
- Snacks will be offered at breaks.
* The workshop is facilitated and hosted as seva (selfless service). The fees cover the venue rental and travel expenses of the facilitator who comes from South Africa. Additional contributions are welcome for those who wish to do so. An envelope will be available for this purpose. We thank you in advance for this.